Why Safety Shoes
Safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses and shoes, earplugs or muffs, hard hats, respirators, or coveralls, vests and full body suits fall in the category of personal protective equipment also referred to as "PPE" in industrial arena. Safety Shoes are an indispensable part of industrial wear and tear. The workforce is subject to innumerable conditions – environmental, physical or topological in various sectors, such as construction, heavy industry, mining, assembly line, manufacturing setup, FMCG, Food and Beverages, etc. There are situations where working conditions pose a particular risk, including exposure to hazardous chemical substances or risk of physical injury and/or risks associated with working in organized sector.
Keeping this is perspective, the International Labour Organization (ILO) promotes standards, codes of practice, technical guides, best practices and training materials for the protection of workers in hazardous conditions. It has developed a series of International Hazard Datasheets that list a standard format different hazards to which a worker, in the normal course of normal work, may be exposed. They provide several measures for the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases.
Safety shoes are one such measures to offer prevention to workforce against occupational accidents. They are to be worn in order to minimize exposure to hazards that can cause serious workplace injuries to the workforce, visitors or supervisory staff. The hazards can be in the form or exposure to various aspects of work environment, which may include, and is not limited to:
- Minimize the damage by safeguarding the workforce when exposure to chemical, radiological ailments
- Offer security to workforce in an industrial setup that connected to physical, electrical, and/or mechanical ailments
- Workplace that are prone to falling objects – such as assembly line, construction site, industrial plants etc.
Indcare Safety Shoes are designed to fit comfortably and ensure that the wearer is able to work in an environment that can:
- Minimize slip/skid when working on slippery floors,
- Negate/minimize damage from chemical exposure,
- Offer safety to foot in case a heavy object falls on the foot,
- Take the damage caused by pointed object penetrating into the shoes
The design, aesthetics and security considerations goes into the making of Indcare Safety Shoes, thereby offering complete security to industrial, construction and labour workforce.